HINCKLEY, THE CRESCENT LE10 1AP
A dominant modern mixed retail and leisure destination
Hinckley dominates its retail catchment, as such the local population relies heavily on Hinckley town centre to meet their retail and leisure needs.
- A major retail, leisure and supermarket extension to Hinckley town centre extending to 8 acres and providing a total of 20,903 sq m (225,000 sq ft) of modern accommodation.
- 13 retail, food and leisure units extending to 7,333 sq m (78,932 sq ft), at the core of the Crescent.
- Anchored by a Sainsbury’s 9,755 sq m (107,000 sq ft) food store, a 5 screen Cineworld cinema and large single deck 546 space shopper car park.
- Retail operators include TK Maxx, Poundland and Superdrug.
- F&B operators include Burger King, Costa Coffee and Prezzo.
The Crescent comprises the central core of new retail and leisure extension was completed in 2015. It is a modern parade of 13 retail, food and leisure units totalling 7,333 sq m (78,932 sq ft) with a central mall providing the main pedestrian route to the rest of town centre.
The Crescent, has not only transformed part of the town centre, but it’s also extended the family market with a new evening economy following the introduction of new restaurants and cinema.
Hinckley is a wealthy Midlands town in the Birmingham commuter belt which benefits from a large catchment. The population of the town is 28,600 people, with a catchment of over 500,000 people within 15 minutes drive time.
The town has the affluent, family-orientated demographic typical of a strong commuter town. The dominant social grade based on occupation is AB to C1 (53.74%) which is above the national average with 50.4% of occupations classed as managers, professionals, directors and senior officials which is above the national average.
The Crescent benefits from the 546-space car park located in the undercroft beneath Sainsbury’s. The car park is operated by Sainsbury’s by way of a Car Park Management Agreement.
The car park is for the benefit of all the tenants and shoppers who visit and shop at the Crescent. Sainsbury’s operate the car park using an ANPR system. From opening the car park has been free to park for the first 2 hours with a charging structure thereafter.
Hinckley is located approximately midway between Leicester and Coventry.
The town lies 24 km (15 miles) to the south west of Leicester, 40 km (25 miles) north east of Birmingham and 153 km (95 miles) to the north west of London. Quick and easy access to the national motorway network via the A5 which joins the M69 leading south to the M6 and north to the M1.
THE CRESCENT HINCKLEY, LE10 1AP