NEW LOCAL CENTRE TO LET
Opportunity to lease retail / leisure / business units from 1,000 sq ft to 6,500 sq ft.
Planning permission in place for up to 3,000 new homes
Located on a thriving growth region with excellent road and rail connectivity. Regular train services to London in c. 45 minutes and easy access to the regional road network.
Infrastructure works fully funded by Homes England. Initial works commenced in late 2018 with completion in late 2019.
Initial serviced residential land parcels sold to Barratt Homes, Taylor Wimpey and Lagan Homes.
Local Centre anchored by the Co-Op to open late 2020.
Care Home providing for 66 units sold to LNT.
New Primary School fully funded to be open in 2022.
Glenvale Park local centre comprises a site just under 3 acres located at the gateway to the development from Niort Way (Wellingborough ring road) and adjacent to 4,266 existing houses (10,000 registered voters) together with imminent development of up to 3,000 new homes.
The local centre includes:
- 5,000 sq ft Supermarket (pre-let agreed with Co-Op)
- 6,500 sq ft 1st floor space (above the supermarket) suitable for retail, leisure or office use
- 1,500 sq ft standalone A3 retail unit
- Terrace of retail units from 1,000 sq ft to 5,000 sq ft
- Public House
- 67-bed Care Home (Sold to LNT)
- c. 40 homes sold to Lagan Homes
Units are available to let individually or in combination on new FRI leases – rent and term to be agreed.
Use classes include:
A1 (food and non food) / A2 / A3/ A4 / A5 / B1A / C2 / D1 and D2
The development will be subject to a nominal service charge (details on request)
The local centre will be ready for occupation in Autumn 2020 with works to commence in late 2019.
Pre-let agreements will secure units, with occupation on completion.
The Glenvale Park urban extension is on the northern fringe of Wellingborough. The planning permission was granted for the delivery of up to 3,000 new homes along with extensive community facilities and commercial space over 3 phases with distinct character areas.
PROGRESS TO DATE
Development partners Midtown Capital and Long Harbour have secured significant investment from Homes England to support the delivery of the masterplan. The investment will be used to fund infrastructure and utilities for the initial and future phases.
- Infrastructure work started on site in Q4 2018 and will complete in Q4 2019;
- The first houses will be delivered by Q1 2020;
- R1 & R2 sold to Barratt Homes for the development of 199 new homes;
- R4 sold to Lagan Homes to deliver 41 new homes;
- R5 & R6 sold to Taylor Wimpey for the development of 261 new homes;
- Local Centre (anchored by The Co-Operative Group and to include a pub) will be completed and occupied by Autumn 2020;
- Care Home parcel sold to LNT Care to deliver a 66 unit facility;
- The Phase 1 Primary School is fully funded and anticipated to open in 2022.
- Significant new open space will be delivered by the master developers alongside the initial infrastructure and housing.
Wellingborough has a rich history which can still be felt through landmarks like Norman Croyland Abbey, Civil War Era Golden Hind Hotel and the market which dates from the 1200s (and still runs four times a week). There is plenty to do and see in the town. Wellingborough boasts a modern leisure centre including an indoor swimming pool and gymnasium, the magnificent Wellingborough Golf Club, theatre, films and live music at the Castle Theatre as well as shopping at the Swansgate shopping centre all complemented by dozens of restaurants and bars.
Education provision is excellent. Redwell Primary School (rated Outstanding by Ofsted) is immediately south of Glenvale Park and there are excellent secondary schools nearby including Sir Christopher Hatton Academy, Weavers Academy, Wren Academy and Wellingborough School (private). Further education is provided at Tresham College town centre campus, currently undergoing complete refurbishment.
Great Harrowden and Little Harrowden are lovely villages a short walk from Glenvale Park. The wider area has numerous picturesque villages with cosy pubs (Cranford, Pytchley, Slipton, Wadenhoe – the list of nearby places with famous pubs goes on…) Stanwick Lakes is hard to beat for outdoor excursions – a 750-acre nature reserve with endless activities including an adventure playground, cycling, horse riding, bird watching, picnics and barbecues. For shopping and leisure, Rushden Lakes is the region’s premier venue and only 5 miles away from Glenvale Park. The development boasts over 60 retail outlets, including M&S, Waitrose, House of Fraser, Boots, Next and many more. The retail offer is complimented by numerous cafes and restaurants, as well as a new 14 screen cinema and indoor climbing wall.