Scotch Corner Designer Village
SPACE – Retail Property Consultants has been appointed by Scotch Corner Richmond LLP as the sole leasing agent for Scotch Corner Designer Village.
The 250,000 sq ft scheme will feature up to 92 units in the first phase, 10 of which will be a range of casual dining restaurants and cafés. The outlet and leisure destination has an expected visitor spend potential of £431 million, ranking it as a top six UK outlet centre, according to retail research by industry expert Ken Gunn Consulting.
Located at one of the UK’s most well-known locations at junction 53 of the main A1(M) North/South motorway and the A66, it will be one of the most accessible retail and leisure destinations in the UK.
Some 28.9 million vehicles pass the site each year, making it a destination for a family day-out and creating an opportunity for an enjoyable break in a road journey. The scheme has a wide catchment of 3.8 million residents within a 60-minute drive-time with almost 60 per cent of customers classified in the top 3 most affluent ACORN categories.
The site is at the gateway to surrounding areas such as The Yorkshire Dales and The North York Moors National Parks and with ease of access to The Lakes and Scotland. Some 96 million tourists visit the area annually making Yorkshire the second largest tourist destination in the UK.
Opening in 2021, major enabling and infrastructure works have started on site.
Simon Waterfield, founder of Scotch Corner Richmond LLP comments, “We are pleased to be working with senior leasing agents at SPACE who have fantastic experience and knowledge of the designer outlet sector and the wider retail property and leisure industry. Our appointed agents will be key to bringing this opportunity to market for us and securing retail and food and beverage brands that want to trade profitably in a quality and well managed designer outlet development.
Peter Leverett, Managing Director of SPACE adds, “Scotch Corner will be the leading designer outlet centre in the North of England and with an affluent shopper profile, substantial residential and tourist markets, together with superb design and architecture in an easily accessible location offers a significant opportunity for quality retail and food and beverage brands.
Scotch Corner Designer Village Facts
- 250,000 sq ft retail and leisure destination
- Comprising 92 retail units in the first phase, 10 of which will be a range of casual dining restaurants and cafes
- Parking is provided for 1,350 cars, including 150 dedicated electric vehicle charging bays plus a dedicated coach park
- Highly visible from the motorway, one of the most easily accessible retail and leisure destinations in the UK
- 3.8 million residents within a 60-minute drive-time
- 28.9 million vehicles pass the site each year
- Expected annual footfall of 4.3 million
- Located on a wider 100 acre site, also owned by Scotch Corner Richmond LLP, the developer has plans to introduce a further retail phase, plus extensive indoor and outdoor leisure and sporting facilities
- The site is the gateway to surrounding areas such as The Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors National Parks, The Lakes and Scotland
- Some 96 million tourists visit the area annually